Radisson 1 for 1 Promotion. So Hot right now.
Radisson is at it again! Man, they really love the “buy one, get one free” marketing. Last summer, I was able to rack up 200,000 Club Carlson Gold Points by participating in their Big Night Giveaway.
This time, the promo is Radisson specific. You must stay at a Radisson Blu or Radisson property and you will receive a FREE night certificate. Yep, this time around, they are giving a certificate instead of points. At least you don’t have to worry about black out dates with a certificate like you do with points. You must use your free night in the US, Canada, or the Caribbean by Dec. 31, 2013.
It’s a bummer that you can’t use your free night certificate in Europe, because they have some really nice Radisson Blu properties. Jordan and I just burned 50,000 Club Carlson Gold Points at the Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan in Paris. Major bummer.
- You must register by Oct. 31 and only the first 50,000 are eligible. Click here to register for the 1 for 1 promo.
- You will need to be a Club CarlsonSM member to register. Not a member? No problem, join now. Then, book a qualifying stay online at www.radisson.com or www.clubcarlson.com at any Radisson Blu or Radisson hotel in the US, Canada or Caribbean between October 1 and October 31, 2012.
- Complete your qualifying stay between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
- When you are ready to book your Free Night Award, go to www.radisson.com or www.clubcarlson.com and log in to your Club Carlson account and then search for your desired location and date. Select the 0 Point rate option in the Gold Points® column and click “Book Now.”
- You must complete your qualified stay by Dec. 31, 2013
I looked online to see what Austin Radisson was charging and it’s not going to work. I couldn’t find anything less that $280. No thank you. The Austin Radisson is not worth that. It’s actually pretty outdated (at least, the room we stayed in was). It is a good location, but you can do much better.
Anyway, I’ll have to go up to Dallas if I want to participate, but not sure it’s worth it for me. If you can find a Radisson hotel for under $80, then this is a great opportunity to get some value. I would probably be more excited if you could stay at any Radisson Blu worldwide, but I have been dying to stay at the Radisson Blu in Chicago, and that would be a steal for $80. Normally, the basic room is around $500! Maybe I will drive to Dallas and make this happen.
There’s also another promotion Club Carlson is running right now and it will net you an additional 2,000 Club Carlson Gold Points for your stay. Click here to register. If you have status with another hotel chain, you can email Club Carlson (Radisson’s hotel group) at email@example.com and ask for a status match. I was able to get my Hyatt status matched to Club Carlson’s Gold status this summer during the previous promo. Gold Status with Club Carlson gives you:
- 50% Point Bonus, 2,000 points when booked online
- Late Check-out (based on availability)
- Early Check-in (based on availability)
- Best Available Room in the category booked
- 72- hour availability guarantee
- Special points plus cash offers
- Priority full-service Member Services telephone number
- -In Europe, the Middle East and Africa, you’ll also enjoy the following
- Elite membership benefits:
- 10% off weekend rates
- Weekend Extend (2 for 1 and 4 for 2 Nights)
This isn’t as sexy as the Big Night Giveaway, but if you can find a cheap Radisson to stay in, there is still some great value. Sure, domestic Radisson Blu properties aren’t as nice as international properties, but there are still savings to be had.
Noob it up.
— Noob Master