The Radisson “Big Night” Giveaway is Baaaaack!
Yeah, I’m a day late in reporting this, but vaca time with the wife has to come first. It’s all about recharging the batteries. I’ll definitely be posting on our trip to San Francisco and Napa soon.
On to the promotion…This was one of the the best and easiest deals last year. Radisson ran a promo that awarded the first 50,000 people to register for the contest and stay at one of the properties 50,000 Club Carlson Gold Points. Nice. And they are bringing it back this year!
What is Club Carlson and these Gold Points you speak of?
Club Carlson is a fairly new hotel group that consists of: Radisson, Country Inns & Suites, Park Inn, Park Plaza, and Radisson Blu. 50,000 Club Carlson points can net you a few nights at a lower category hotel or one night at one of their category 6 hotels. Oh, the options. There is a new Radisson Blu in Chicago that has been calling my name.
Here are some of the deets on award nights:
- Free award nights starting at only 9,000 points at Carlson hotels, including Radisson, Carlson Rezidor, Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Park Inn by Radisson, and Park Plaza. No blackout dates for award nights on standard rooms.
- Free Internet at Radisson® hotels worldwide and Carlson hotels in North America
- Points and Cash nights start at 5,000 Gold Points
First- you NEED to Enroll in Club Carlson
Obviously, you will need to register with Club Carlson first. You can join here at the Club Carlson website.
Second- Register for the the Promotion.
You will need to be one of the first 100,000 people to register. This shouldn’t be a problem. Registration opens up May 15, 12:01. Register for the Radisson Big Night Giveaway Promotion.
Third- Stay a night and Know the T&C’s.
Here are the details from the FlyerTalk thread. They aren’t the official terms, but this thread was spot on during last years promo and they were the first to leak the deal.
The key points are:
- This years promo qualifying stays are eligible at any RADISSON worldwide. I like worldwide.
- Guest must check IN and OUT between May 15-July 15.
- You have to present at the participating hotel at both the time of check-in and check out.
- If you don’t make the first 100,000 to register for the promo, you will be awarded 15,000 Bonus Gold Points on completion on your stay. Don’t be that person.
- You will still earn your normal points for your stay.
- Points will post in 6-8 weeks after you complete the qualifying stay.
What is the NOOB doing?
I just did a quick search and the cheapest rate I found in my town at a Radisson is $135.00. 50,000 Gold Points for $135 isn’t too bad. I’ll take that, especially since a night at the Radisson Blu is calling my name.
Tip: If there is a Grand Slam this year, there is a good chance Club Carlson will be a transfer partner, so keep 5k Gold Points in your account.
This is a great deal because it’s so easy and affordable. The value is off the chain, so if you have a Radisson in your area, take advantage of the promo.
But wait, there is MORE
Country Inn & Suites and Park Inn are running their own “Big Night Giveaway” Promotions! More Gold Points, More Gold Points. The bounty is 44,000 Gold Points instead of 50,00, but this will definitely help those who aren’t near a Radisson property.
Here are the links:
The terms and conditions look the same so far. You will have to register, and registration opens May 15 with the promo ending July 14.
Jeff over at Indulge The Wanderlust (who I met at FTU and follow on Twitter) did some digging around and has confirmed these three promotions are “combinable”! That means you can walk away with 138,000 Gold Points just for staying at three hotels!
I really like this promo and can’t wait to take advantage of it. I like building up my hotel points for trips to Europe. It’s easier to come by airline points, so I would hop on these hotel promotions. I recommend at least doing one, but this Noob is shooting for all three.
— Noob Master