Here are some of the latest news in the rewards world. Enjoy.
Targeted American Airlines Shopping Bonus
Edit: You can get the 2,000 AA offer by going here.
Last week, I received an email for a bonus of 1,000 AAdvantage miles. All I have to do is spend $35 through the AA online portal by September 30, 2013. Easy. But then I was quickly bummed out when Jordan started rubbing in my face that she was sent an email with a 2,000 offer. What the heck! So check your emails, with fingers crossed that you received the 2,000 offer.
30% Bonus on Shared AA Miles
American Airlines has another offer for when you share AAdvantage miles. You will receive up to a 30% bonus through this promotion that expires October 10, 2013.
As usual, I only recommend sharing or buying miles if you need to top off an account for an upcoming trip.
30,000 ($300) Citi Thank You Preferred
Citibank has increased the sign-up bonus on the Thank You Preferred card to 30,000 Thank You points (or $300 in gift cards). Not a terrible Citibank rewards card option if you already have all their other products. I like that there’s no annual fee on the card, but Thank You points are not exactly my favorite. However, they can serve a purpose for domestic flights, or just cash back.
Full bullet points for this card are as follows:
- Earn 20,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $1500 in card purchases within 3 months of account opening — enough for $200 in gift cards or other great rewards!
- 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 12 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99%-22.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.*
- New: 2x Points on purchases for dining and entertainment
- 1 ThankYou Point on other purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited Thank You Points
- Redeem ThankYou Points for merchandise, travel rewards, gift cards, cash and more
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with Chip Technology
- No annual fee*
Noobtraveler and Card Watchdog Featured
Qatar Discounted Fare
Gary Leff writes about a Qatar discounted fare he discovered in SE Asia. I won’t be able to take advantage of this, but you should check it out.
Hyatt New Possibilities Promotion
Registration for Hyatt’s fall promotion is now live. I’m excited about this one, and can’t wait to earn some extra Hyatt Gold Passport points. I’m greedy like that.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
— Geoff Whitmore